Monday, January 09, 2006

 

Jan 10 Romans 6

Before you read this, go ahead and look first at Romans 6 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s):Rom 6:10-11
He died once to defeat sin, and now he lives for the glory of God. So you should consider yourselves dead to sin and able to live for the glory of God through Christ Jesus. (New Living Translation)

Title: The Imperative of Grace

Observation: This chapter deals with the core issue of discipleship in the Christian life- if Jesus has died for my sin and I am completely free, if Jesus is glorified because he wipes away sin, if man’s sin leads to greater glory to God through the further outpouring of His grace- then why not live a life of sin to point out the incredible goodness of God to save a race of sinners? This certainly is easier than trying to be like Jesus.

But however much glory goes to God for displaying grace through his son- God is still absolutely and forever opposed to sin. I have been given grace so that I might become like my savior, Jesus, who lives for the glory of God.

Application: How can I live for the glory of God? Obviously, staying away from sin is part of it. But how can I make God proud of me, his creation? What does the Lord require of me- to do justice, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with Him. (Micah 6:8)

Prayer: Lord, help me to live for you glory. Help me in my weak times want to live for your glory. Father, help me to live for you, to stand strong, to worship you, to give my life in service and faithfulness to you. Help me to desire living to please you above all else. Thank you for your grace to me, even in my most undeserving moments.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?