Friday, January 20, 2006

 

Jan 20th Psalm 3

Sorry about the lateness of this post, but I got confused about my days last night. Go ahead and look first at Psalm 3 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Psalm 3:5
I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. (NIV)

Title: Cheerio Powered or God Sustained?

Observation: David reminds us that we are powered not by our food and rest, but it is God who keeps all things together, who not only sustains the physical universe but animates our spirits through His power. Josiah’s main food group is cheerios- but mine needs to be the Holy Spirit. David knew what it was like to live in the power of the Holy Spirit- and he feared it being taken away from him. Let’s follow his model and take our sustenance from God in the form of prayer, worship, and the Word.

Application: I need to praise God when I wake up, when I sleep, when I eat a meal with my family and when I enjoy God’s gifts. I need to see the hand of God in all of the things He does; praise to God.

Prayer: Lord, help me to see the beauty of your creation, help me to rest in your power and not be distracted or afraid. You alone are God, nothing was created that you didn’t first create. May I praise you with my words, action, and spirit today.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?