Tuesday, January 17, 2006

 

January 18th Romans 11

Before you read this, go ahead and look first at Romans 11 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s):Romans 11:22-23

Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

Title: The Prerogative of God- Grace and Judgment

Observation: Paul uses the extended metaphor of a olive tree with branches torn off and branches grafted on. It reminds the gentiles that we sit upon the root of faith that came through the Jewish people. It also is God’s choice that we have been grafted on to this root of faith. It challenges us to hold on to believing in Jesus. And tells us that Israel too will be grafted back on, in fact is more natural, if the will turn in faith.

I do absolutely believe that God has a plan to bring the children of Israel back into the fold. In fact, a seminary professor of mine challenged my thinking when he said, “If God is not going to be faithful to Israel, what chance do we have.” We face the same temptations to idolatry and fall in just the same ways. I believe that God will bring a remnant to faith, and may even be beginning his work through groups like Jews for Jesus.

Application: I must remember to stay rooted in faith, rooted to Jesus. I must rest totally in him, and not be swayed by all the temptations.

Prayer: Lord, I help me to believe, help me to trust totally in you. I believe that you can keep me faithful.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?