Sunday, February 19, 2006

 

Feb 20th 1 Corinthians 11

Go ahead and look first at 1 Corinthians 11 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.


Key Verse(s): 1 Corinthians 11:33

So then, my brothers, when you come together to eat, wait for each other.

Title: Propriety is Still Important

Observation: We have two different examples of propriety being violated in Corinth. The first is women who were flaunting their sexuality in a way that was unacceptable in their culture and believers who were denigrating the Lord’s Supper by turning it into an invitation only drunken feast. Both of these seem worlds removed from our time and culture.

But the warning is still there. We must show honor and respect one to another. We can celebrate our gender differences as a God ordained plan, one in which we are mutually submissive to Christ and each other. We are to live a life of love toward one another, one where we share our common life.

Application: I have to ask what is loving rather than ask what can I get away with. I need to serve and lead in a way that is caring and loving, especially toward those who are harder to love. I must temper my freedom so that I do not hinder any from responding to the gospel.

Prayer: Lord God, help me to not be selfish and self-centered, but to see the needs of others. Give me eyes to see their hurt and pain. Give me the ability to have compassion and to be an encourager. Help me to give when I don’t want to.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?