Thursday, February 09, 2006

 

February 10 Psalm 6

Go ahead and look first at Psalm 6 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Psalm 6:4

Turn, O LORD, and deliver me;
save me because of your unfailing love.

Title: When a Plea is Better Than A Promise

Observation:
We can praise God because an appeal to God’s mercy based on God’s character of love is a sure and certain thing. Far better than the promise of other people, the character of God is consistent. We can trust in the certainty of God’s love and provision more than any other promise or security we might get.

Application: I want to practice praising God for the things that have not yet happened, but know that God will do. Celebrating the victory, in the midst of trial, is an area of faith that I want to grow in. Too often I lose sight of the forest for the trees. I can totally relax and trust in the promise of God.

Prayer: Lord God your never ending love and grace are what keep my coming back to you, keep me from slipping. Lord, help me to see you and the constancy of your character in all that I do. I will give you the glory as you show your faithfulness and love to me.



In Jesus Name,
Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?