Wednesday, February 15, 2006

 

February 16th 1 Corinthians 10

Go ahead and look first at 1 Corinthians 10 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): 1 Corinthians 10:12-13

So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Title: A Mutation More Dangerous than the Bird Flu

Observation: I am not likely to go out and carve an idol and bow down and worship. My carpentry skills, for one thing, are not up to it. Still the temptations of lust, power, and security are still with us today, mutated into new forms, that demand worship in exchange for the illusion of possessing them. The car I want to drive can be every bit the idol, and have the hold on me, as the OT god Baal did.

Application: I need to be aware of those things that I unconsciously place before Jesus. My own well being or that of my family can be what I worship instead of Jesus. I must worship Jesus and allow Him to take care of me and my family.


Prayer: Lord, help me to trust you not only for the eternal but in the now. So often I want to control everything, trust in my own strength, rather than trust you for your provision. Help me to see and believe that you have a better way for me.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?