Wednesday, February 01, 2006

 

February 2 1 Corinthians 2

Go ahead and look first at 1 Corinthians 2 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): 1 Corinthians 2:2

For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

Title: Setting Pride of Knowledge and Accomplishment Aside

Observation: Paul begins to unlock the mystery of the Christian life- that most of what we think we know is wrong or useless and that there is a new way of seeing the world that is more true and more real even though its contradictory to our preconceived notions. When Jesus told us that the first shall be last, that the meek shall inherit the earth, that it is as hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven as it is for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, we are baffled. And yet it is the ultimate reality and the ultimate truth

Application: I’ve had a little success the way the world counts accomplishments- not a lot- yet its hard for me to let go of my meager accomplishments. I need to find the wisdom that matters, and lead others in it.

Prayer: Lord God help me to see your truth. Lord, I echo the prayer of Solomon, give me wisdom to lead your people. Help me to be wise in my family, in my church, and in my walk with you. Let me taste the goodness of your wisdom and truth, so that I might continue on in faith and love. Lord, I pray for fortitude to put into action Your truth that I already know.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?