Monday, February 20, 2006

 

February 21st 1 Corinthians 12

Go ahead and look first at 1 Corinthians 12 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): 1 Corinthians 12:5
There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.

Title: The Giftedness of Each Individual

Observation: Each Christian is given a gift that is to fit into the body. We are all uniquely made, and especially after our conversion, specially gifted. We too often ignore our giftedness, work out of our natural strength, and miss our unique calling and have the church suffer because we are not using our gifts to God’s glory.

Discerning our gifts is one of the most vital parts of our Christian growth. God enables us to do the things that we can’t do because of our limitations within the work of his spirit. While God can use or natural talents and abilities and use them for his glory, we find our faith grows when we do things we on our own can’t do, and we trust and experience God’s presence moving us forward.

We also need to remember that the gifts of the spirit are meant to be used in unity in the body of Christ, not for our own goals. We are to submit our giftedness to God and to the use of His Church- this is particularly hard sometimes, if your gift is service. In the areas in which you are gifted you are to not merely be a committed believer, you are called to be extraordinary in your service

Application: My gifts of leadership and Preaching/Teaching are pretty standard for those called in to pastoral ministry. And even though many have these gifts, I am to use them to the fullest God will empower me to. Nor should I copy the outcomes of others pastors- I am as unique and delicate and exquisite as a snowflake!

Prayer: Lord, help me to lead out of your giftedness and not my talent. Use all that is me to further your kingdom. Help me to be willing to go where you send me.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?