Wednesday, February 22, 2006

 

February 22 1 Corinthians 13

Go ahead and look first at 1 Corinthians 13 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): 1 Corinthians 13:5

[love] is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Title: Competitiveness Keeps Me From Loving People


Observation: I am highly competitive. I measure myself against others too often, trying to get my sense of self-worth from the fact I have eclipsed someone else or am achieving something good. It is not all bad, striving for good is excellent, but my keeping score with others keeps me from loving them the way Christ wants me to.

Application: I need to accept others for what they are and allow God to love me and give me my sense of personhood. I need to allow others to fail me and turn back to them with real forgiveness, not merely condescension. God wants me to trust in Him not my meager achievements.


Prayer: Lord, help me to live in your love and experience your grace. Give me someone to love unconditionally in my actions toward that person. Help me to trust you to remember that which I have done in Your name, and not to try to get credit for myself.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?