Wednesday, February 22, 2006

 

February 23 1 Corinthians 14

Go ahead and look first at 1 Corinthians 14 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): 1 Corinthians 13:5

I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. He who prophesies is greater than one who speaks in tongues, unless he interprets, so that the church may be edified.

Title: The Closed Mystery To Me

Observation: I do not speak in tongues. I do not come from a Christian tradition that emphasizing speaking in tongues. I am suspicious when I have been around others who have spoken in tongues. Yet I firmly believe that they exist. I am a little sad that I have not had the opportunity to experience this gifting of God.

Of course I already struggle with pride. Perhaps this is one of those areas of giftedness that God is keeping away from me because I would misue it. I need to allow God to work in my life the way God wants to.

Application: I need to believe that God causes others to speak in tongues. I need wisdom how to allow this manifestation to occur, if it is in God’s will, in the church. I need to not try to silence but encourage the giftedness of others.


Prayer: Lord, help me to have humility as your servant. Allow me to be led by you, where ever you chose to send me. Help me to give up my agenda so that I might be molded to yours. Help me to understand and experience your faithfulness.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?