Monday, February 27, 2006

 

February 28th 1 Corinthians 16

Go ahead and look first at 1 Corinthians 16 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): 1 Corinthians 16:2

On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.

Title: Money Keeps Coming Up


Observation: Paul is addressing the needs for a mission offering for the church in
Judea. Paul is encouraging the believer to save up money in an orderly way so they can have it ready to give when he comes through town. How hard it must have been to have this cash lying around the house and not use it, but to reserve it for unknown day when Paul would come and disperse it to people you didn’t know.

Application: I need to be better with money. I need to find ways to manage my money better. I also need to love money and possessions less so I can love God more. I need more discipline, but I know I don’t want to be disciplined.


Prayer: Lord, help me to do better with money. Help me to give cheerfully, to trust you, and to love you with my money as well as my heart.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?