Tuesday, February 28, 2006

 

March 1 Matthew 1

Go ahead and look first at Matthew 1 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Matthew 1:20

But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

Title: What does the Holy Spirit Impregnate Today?


Observation: The beginning of this chapter is the 3 lists of seven generations, placing Jesus in the historical lineage of the Jewish people. After that is the story of coming of Jesus, and how one man had to cope with the work of the Holy Spirit.

The work of the Spirit is strange. We should not try to limit the way that God can work. God often works miracles in uncomfortable circumstances. But we have to be willing to let the Spirit lead. God’s will will be done in any case, but if we are to grow we must be stretched into difficult positions.

Application: I need to be willing to go with the strange movements that the Spirit moves in. My rigidity can cause me not to see opportunity I already am too skeptical of how God will work. I need to be open and free to the spirit.


Prayer: Lord, help me to be ready to follow your lead, however scary it looks at first. Help me to believe that you know better than me whatss good for me and for my family. Lead our church into new ways of following you.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?