Monday, March 13, 2006

 

March 14 Matthew 8

Go ahead and look first at Matthew 6 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Matthew 8:8-9
The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it

Title: A Man Under Authority

Observation: We see the fact the Jesus has the power to cure, the power to heal, the power to make well at His command. And we are awed by the centurion’s faith, when he says that he understands authority and Jesus has it.

I need to see myself in the same way, that I am a man under authority. I work for Jesus. And if I am given authority its so that I can communicate the goodness and truth of my Lord, Jesus Christ.

Application: I need to be faithful to Jesus who has authority over me. And I must be willing to be faithful to pass along the blessings that Jesus gives me to those that I am called to lead.

Prayer: Lord, it’s a huge responsibility to lead others. Help me to know you so that I can relate, I can translate with my body and actions the truth that you show to me. I stand in awe of your ways and your work. Allow me trust you without reservation, to be as loyal to you as the roman centurion was to his superiors and as perceptive as he was to Your true nature. Lord God, help me to live in the stream of your chain of grace, that I might be an expert at handling grace and sharing it with others.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?