Wednesday, March 29, 2006

 

March 30 Matthew 18

Go ahead and look first at Matthew 18 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Matthew 18:7

Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come!

Title: Corrupting the Youth


Observation: One of the charges Socrates was convicted of was “corrupting the youth” of
Athens because he encouraged them to think for themselves. While obviously that was untrue, I wonder how often, by our words and especially or actions, we teach our children to turn away from God. Whether its through attitudes or actions, we need to be careful on how we mold those who are most impressionable.

Application: I know that my son watches me closely and imitates me. Not long ago he found a scrap of a paper towel and started rubbing the glass window, because he had seen me clean it and wanted to imitate me. I need to not only speak true words to him, I need to be unafraid and trusting of God, so that he might imitate that too.

Prayer: Lord God, let me be a living example for my son. Help me to overcome the places where I fail because of fear, so that he will not pick up those traits. Help me to not be callous to other and to show true compassion as well. Help me to lead those whom I influence into deeper communion with you.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?