Tuesday, April 11, 2006

 

April 11 Matthew 25

Go ahead and look first at Matthew 25 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Matthew 25:24-25
"Then the man who had received the one talent came. 'Master,' he said, 'I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.'

Title: Making Something of Our Lives

Observation: The three pericope (good seminary word- pronounced per-ik-o-pee- basically meaning sections) all have in common the theme that how we spend our lives matter- particularly in the ways in which we are conscious of Jesus’ return, how we use the talents that God has given us, and what ways we identify and care for the poor.

Sometimes we are tempted to think of our faith in terms of fire insurance- we are holding onto our Jesus ticket for our ride into eternity. But the reality is that Jesus very much cares about what we do with the great gift he has given us- life!

Application: I need to have compassion on those who are poor, in jail, and struggling. Too often I tend to be judgmental and want to blame the individual for their situation. Yet I am glad that that isn’t the way that God treats me.

Prayer: Lord God, give me eyes to see others as you do. Give me the energy and desire to use the gifts, the life, that you have given me.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?