Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 

April 13th Matthew 26

Go ahead and look first at Matthew 26 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Matthew 26:40-41

Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?" he asked Peter. "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

Title: Watching and Praying- Not Running Around Like A Chicken…


Observation: My small group was great this evening. One of the members suggested that the reason that the disciples fell asleep was not merely it being night, but that they were truly emotionally exhausted from the events of the day. I had never thought of it that way, but it seems to hold some water.

Its so easy to be about the kingdom of God that you miss it. You can run around, as I too often do, trying to “do” kingdom work that you miss the opportunity to be in prayer and the presence of the Savior. You can exhaust yourself and miss the effectiveness and the personal blessing of knowing God.

Application: I need to be watchful and in prayer. God seemed to speak to me this morning when I heard the voice say, “You can’t be My leader and be this busy”. It was different, much more matter-of-fact that my self-flagellating voice. I need to be in watchful prayer and have God’s vision in order to lead my self, my family, and the church God has called me in leadership to.

Prayer: Lord God, help me to prioritize your priority. Allow me to let others and myself fail if you will use if for your glory. Allow me to patient with the movement of the spirit and to earnestly seek where the Spirit blows. Lead me in the everlasting way.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?