Sunday, April 16, 2006

 

April 17th Matthew 27

Go ahead and look first at Matthew 27 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Matthew 27:25

All the people answered, "Let his blood be on us and on our children!"

Title: The Blood of Jesus


Observation: It’s interesting to read this scripture on Easter. We have just celebrated the resurrection. It was a day of joy in our church, a day when we did well in worship of Jesus and serving the people he brought to us. It was a day of God working through us and in us.

And being brought back to the place of the crime of humanity against God is humbling. Hearing the crowd, the fickle humans, choose Barabbas just days after welcoming Jesus into the city. They declare, “let his blood be on us and our children.” As Jesus prayed, for them and us, “Forgive them Lord, they know not what they do.”

And yet, as misguided and as badly as they meant it, they’re phrase could be our prayer. Because the blood of Jesus was spilled on our behalf, he chose the cross. And its his blood that frees us from sin. So, in a sense that we want his sacrificial blood upon us and our children. Once again God takes evil and uses it for good.

Application: I need to trust God and his plans more than I do. I need to not “white knuckle” it when God leads out me out on a limb. I need to trust in His sovereign plan.

Prayer: Lord God, thank you for you shed blood. May it be upon me and my wife. Lord, I pray now that Josiah will one day chose to accept the gift of your blood, your sacrifice on his behalf as well. Lord, lead us in the everlasting way.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?