Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

April 20th Acts 2

Go ahead and look first at Acts 2 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Acts 2:17-18

'In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.

Title: The Genesis of the Church of Jesus Christ


Observation: This is the beginning of our story. This is where it starts. We are empowered by the Holy Spirit to live lives us of purpose and meaning.

A few years ago I was teaching a group of older men this passage. And I challenged them, “what dreams has God given you?” Mostly I had blank stares back. Yet God makes it clear that he want to pour out his Spirit and his vision to the church.

We need vision and empowerment if we are to survive

Application: I need to be empowered and directed by the Spirit.

Prayer: Lord God, thank you for the Holy Spirit. Lead me in following your will, for the rest of my life.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?