Tuesday, April 04, 2006

 

April 5th Matthew 21

Go ahead and look first at Matthew 21 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Matthew 21:9

The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted,
"Hosanna to the Son of David!"
"Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”
"Hosanna in the highest!"

Title: The Moment the Mob Got it Right!


Observation: Hosanna means save, or save us. For a moment the crowd came around Jesus with cries of praise (sort of the subtext of hosanna) and also pleas for Jesus to save them. This is exactly the right attitude for humanity to have when it comes to our Savior and Lord, Jesus the Christ!

As we approach Palm Sunday we too would do well to worship with the crowd. But we also need to remember that this same mob (or largely the same group of Jerusalmites) would cry out for Barabbas in just a few days. They would chose a felon over Jesus.

Our hearts are fickle. We need to choose Jesus, and not merely chose Him, but honor Him as Savior and Lord. Because the fulfillment of the true Palm Sunday will come when every knee will bow and tongue confess that Jesus is Lord.

Application: I need to remember my place in the order of God’s creation. I am the child of God, the brother of Jesus, my savior, and servant of The Most High. But its not my job to bring redemption into the world- Jesus has already done that. I am called to enjoy the privileges of being God’s child and also the responsibilities of that calling. I need to slow down in some areas and take more responsibility in others. Its not up to me; I am the beloved of the King.

Prayer: Lord God, help me to be both faithful and joyful in my worship and service to You. Help me to do well with the relationships and possessions you have given me. Let me be faithful to you today.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?