Wednesday, April 05, 2006

 

April 6 Matthew 22

Go ahead and look first at Matthew 22 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Matthew 22:21

"Caesar's," they replied.
Then he said to them, "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

Title: Tax Day And Judgment Day


Observation: After William the Conqueror got done with his conquest of
England, he set his minions out to collect information for a new tax code, called the Doomsday Book. This book surveyed most of the land of England and what tax each parcel should pay.

We are told by Jesus to give Caesar what is his due. Tax time is coming and we need to pay what we owe. But it also reminds that we need to give God worship for giving us life and blessings.

Application: I need to be as focused on giving God glory as I am at attending to mandatory deadlines. Even though not praising God “on time” will not get me sent to jail, it is more important.

Prayer: Lord God, let me praise you in all things. Let me give back to you life, which you so graciously gave to me. Thank you for your overwhelming generosity.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?