Wednesday, May 31, 2006

 

June 1 Acts 26

Go ahead and look first at Acts 26 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Acts 26:25

I am not insane, most excellent Festus," Paul replied. "What I am saying is true and reasonable”.

Title: Virtual Insanity


Observation: There comes a time when we examine what the world holds to be true- such as the expectation that more money will make you happier. Certainly a large mass of people are constantly striving for more money, so they can purchase things that will make them happy. Many of us have already seen that this is a dead end trap.

In the same way, when we understand the economy of God, and begin to act like it, people will think we are crazy. Recently a friend of mine came into some unexpected money. She is not a wealthy woman. But to my knowledge she gave every bit of it a way. This makes no sense if you believe more money makes you happier. But the sense that I got was that this was how she got the most joy out of what she had been given.

Its not merely money- time also is crucial. We are always in a panic and rushed in our culture. Giving our time away may even seem more foolish than our money. Yet it is in the time we spend serving others that we fully develop our own identity and our reason for being at this time and at this place.

Application: I need to be “insane” to understand the sane life that Jesus calls me to.

Prayer: Lord God, help me to be willing to follow you, no matter where you call me or what you call me to. Let me be willing to leave “rationality” behind in order to follow you where you lead.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?