Sunday, May 14, 2006

 

May 15 Acts 15

Go ahead and look first at Acts 15 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Acts 15:13-18

13When they finished, James spoke up: "Brothers, listen to me. 14Simon[a] has described to us how God at first showed his concern by taking from the Gentiles a people for himself. 15The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:
16" 'After this I will return
and rebuild David's fallen tent.
Its ruins I will rebuild,
and I will restore it,
17that the remnant of men may seek the Lord,
and all the Gentiles who bear my name,
says the Lord, who does these things'[b]
18that have been known for ages.[c]

Title: Another Mother to Celebrate


Observation: Scholars debate who this James is. But most believe it is the brother of Jesus, James. While the brothers of Jesus did not believe during his ministry (in fact they came with Mary to collect him because they thought Jesus was out of his mind), they did come to faith. And here we see a brother of Jesus with a deep knowledge of the OT scripture and the wisdom to lead the council at
Jerusalem. Mary did not merely teach Jesus well, she led and taught her other children thoroughly about God.

Application: I need to encourage my wife, to continue to lead her as she leads my son. While I have an important role in educating Josiah, she is with him all the hours that I am at work. The more I love, encourage, and teach her, the more she will be able to love, teach and encourage Josiah.

Prayer: Lord God, help me love my wife. Help me to choose not to be too busy to care for my family. Bless Lori’s teaching of Josiah and her modeling of Jesus’ love and in time give her the words to communicate that Jesus wants to be Josiah’s best friend.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?