Wednesday, May 17, 2006

 

May 18th Acts 18

Go ahead and look first at Acts 18 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Acts 18:9-10

One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: "Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city."

Title: God’s Encouragement


Observation: God encourages us in many ways. Sometimes we experience a sense of confidence or boldness that God gives us. Other times it’s an unexpected sense of peace. Sometimes we are moved by worship or study or prayer to the point of tears, being drawn into the presence of God. Sometimes it’s through other believers who will stand shoulder to shoulder with us as we live out the gospel.

Our God is an encourager. In fact, part of the Holy Spirit’s mission is to encourage the saints, to give us the ability to continue when we don’t want to. The Spirit of God is alive and active, but we do have to listen to the Spirit.

If we are struggling, we need to stop, turn, and face God. To acknowledge that we are sinners and to accept forgiveness. Metaphorically, we need to kneel in apology to God for our sin or lack of belief and rise in the knowledge and experience of his forgiveness.

God has many in this city. In American Canyon alone there are 21 churches. There are Christians who we can partner together with. God has not left us comfortless. He will pick up and heal the brokenhearted

Application: When I am discouraged I need to remember to look to God. To see Him. To let Him tell me who I am, to let Him be the one who judges me, to let Him be the one to decide my worth.

Prayer: Lord God, help me to seek you when I am discouraged, not the variety of crutches that I usually use. Help me to find my sense of self and worth in you. Allow me to be willing to be whoever you want me to be, wherever you what me to be, for whyever reason You decide.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?