Thursday, May 25, 2006

 

May 25 Acts 22

Go ahead and look first at Acts 22 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Acts 22:19-20

" 'Lord,' I replied, 'these men know that I went from one synagogue to another to imprison and beat those who believe in you. And when the blood of your martyr[a] Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.'

Title: It Isn’t Where You Are, It’s Where You’re Going


Observation: Paul raises an objection before God. You can’t use me, he says. You can’t use me because of what I once did, of who I once was.

And God did not listen. God gave him a life of purpose and meaning, commissioning him to go the non-Jewish people and tell them of the love of Jesus

Application: I can’t let my past, mistakes and insecurities, limit what God can do with me now. I need to be willing to be moved to wherever God wants me to be.

Prayer: Lord God, help me to not put preconditions on what I will or won’t or can or can’t do. Give me your eyes to see what you have created me to be, and where you want me to go and who you want me to be.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?