Monday, May 08, 2006

 

May 9 Acts 12

Go ahead and look first at Acts 12 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Acts 12:5

So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him.

Title: A Leader is Nothing, THE LEADER is everything


Observation: The disciples are still in trouble. They are being persecuted. Their leader, the Apostle Peter has been arrested. Perhaps its time to fulfill the destiny to which Jesus prophesied, that Peter would be killed.

The amazing thing about these disciples is that the realized that their human leader, Peter, was not their real leader, nor the source of their strength. It was, and is, found in the Lord Jesus Christ. SO instead of panicking or feeling, they relied on their True Leader, Jesus, and spent time in prayer, for their earthly leader and for God’s blessing and leadership. And they were so earnest in prayer they almost missed the miracle that God did!

Application: I need to remind and remember that I may be called to lead, but I am in no irreplaceable. God is the leader of all things that will stand the test of time. It is my role not to concentrate power in my hands, but to diffuse it to those who are ready to lead. It’s my role to give away as much as I can, so that the work of God will not be stifled if I become incapable of leading.

Prayer: Lord God, give me the wisdom to know whom to entrust leadership. Help me not to be defensive or guard “power” to make myself feel important. Help me to find a way to build a team that works both independently and interdependently to Your glory.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?