Sunday, June 11, 2006

 

June 12 Galatians 3

Go ahead and look first at Galatians 3 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Galatians 3:15

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Title: Deep Peace of Christ


Observation: There’s a Christmas anthem arranged by John Rutter, called The Gaelic Blessing. Here are the lyrics

Deep peace of the running wave to you.

Deep peace of the flowing air to you.

Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.

Deep peace of the shining stars to you.

Deep peace of the gentle night to you;

Moon and stars pour their healing light on you.

Deep peace of Christ,
Of Christ, the light of the world to you
Deep peace of Christ to you.

You can listen to it at here for a couple of days, then I’m going to pull it down. Its easy to be peaceful and thankful when everything is going well. But that does not require the help of Jesus. Our faith shines when we are peaceful in the midst of stressful times, when we are thankful when we have lost everything. As The Message translates Jesus’ speaking in Matthew 5:3

"You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you.”

It has been a hard couple of weeks for me. It has been harder for others. Still, I have the option to mope and say, “why me?” Or I can be joyful and thankful in the midst of troubled times. I must choose to follow Jesus.

Application: I will choose to be joyful when I speak to the insurance adjusters, I will chose to be at peace when I answer the subpoena to testify, I will let the peace of Christ rule in my heart when I have I enter a conflicted situation tomorrow. I will trust God to be present and I will allow Him to be my shield and defender.

Prayer: Lord God, help me. In the words of the old Latin mass, Kyrie Eleison , Lord Have Mercy, on the thing that I must do. Christ, you before me, behind me, around me, before my path and behind my path, leading and guiding, being my guide and friend. Lord help me and help me to sing songs of praise in the midst of difficult times. Allow me be embraced by your love as I am stripped of things that are like crutches. Adonai Elohim, Lord God, be my protector and defender. Jehovah Jireh, provide my needs.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?