Sunday, June 18, 2006

 

June 19 Ephesians 3

Go ahead and look first at Ephesians 3 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Ephesians 3:16-19

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.



Title: Growing Together in Power and Love


Observation: God desires those who call upon Him to lead there lives to have power. He wants His followers to impact the world in which they live. He wants to give us His authority to go and tell the world about a new way of living.



Yet He does not give authority, from how I read scripture, to individuals outside of community. He gives authority within the correcting influence of the church body. If we are to exercise authority we must be accountable. Or we may very well end up as one of those who have brought shame on the gospel.



But God’s ultimate gift of power, is not to move mountains or expel demons, but rather that we might more firmly grasp the greatest of mysteries- the infinite God who loves us. This truly does surpass what we can comprehend. And out of the fullness of understanding of God’s great love, out of the overflow of what we can handle, comes the love we need to have for the world in which we are placed.



Application: I must immerse myself in the mystery of God’s love. I need to experience his love daily, so that I might truly love others. I need to love out of the overflow of God’s first love for me.



Prayer: Lord God, help me create the space I need to experience your love. Help me to see you in others. Help me to love them with your love.



In Jesus Name,
Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?