Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 

June 21 Ephesians 5

Go ahead and look first at Ephesians 5 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.



Key Verse(s): Ephesians 5:21

Submit to one another out of reverence for
Christ.



Title:
Mutual Submission


Observation: This is the core of Christian community life. Everything else is commentary.



Application:
I need to be willing to submit to the weak, to wash the feet of the poor and diseased, to be the servant of the pagan, to love the unlovable. I need to be willing to lay down my pride and be willing to be like Jesus and serve, love, and submit to everyone. Not to accommodate them, but to love them sacrificially.



Prayer: Lord, I don’t want to do this. Help me to want to be willing to submit to others, to give sacrificially of myself to those who in no way can pay me back. Help me to desire to be this self-less.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?