Monday, June 26, 2006

 

June 26 Galatians 5

Go ahead and look first at Galatians 5 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Title: The Good Stuff


Observation: The Fruits of the Spirit. These are the things that we want to demonstrate. Yet its not that we set out to live them, they should be the results of our living.

Yet am I loving? No? Time for a check up. If we are not living this way, we may need to how we have missed the goodness of God. I think that I can be so busy doing the work of God, that I miss the experience of being with God. And then I will exhibit the love patience, peace joy, goodness, etc.

We will fall sometimes. But the key is not to stay down, but to get back contact with the Spirit and to let the Spirit lead us. It is in the context of our relationship that we will bear fruit.

Application: I need to trust God, slow down, spend time with Him. I need to less concerned with accomplishing my purposes than spending time with God and experiencing His goodness.

Prayer: Lord, help me to enjoy being with you, and not being too busy looking behind or looking ahead to stay present with you. Help me to not be too busy to live in love with You.

In Jesus Name,

Amen


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?