Monday, June 26, 2006

 

June 27 Galatians 6

Go ahead and look first at Galatians 6 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Galatians 6:4

Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else,

Title: Comparisons are Odious


Observation: For many of us its hard to know where level is. And the way we find “sea level” is by comparing ourselves to others. Yet, we are not made by God like anyone else. Each one of us should rise to the level that God has gifted us, not merely surpassing someone in an area that you have been gifted by God in. Nor should we be devastated because God has uniquely gifted someone else to do something that we simply will never be able to do.

I love music. And I have a little bit of talent. But I am not gifted. And every so often I go overboard and try to lead with music instead of my giftedness of teaching and preaching. And I inevitably fall flat on my face. It’s hard for me to let it go, but it is not where God has called me to do.

Application: I need to accept what I have been gifted to do. And do it to the best of my ability, growing in the gifts that I have been given. And leave alone the things that I have not been given and enjoy those who are gifted in these ways.

Prayer: Lord, thank you for the gifts that you have given me. Keep developing in me the gifts you have given, that I might hone them for your glory. And allow me to leave comparisons behind, and only seek identity in You.

In Jesus Name,

Amen


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?