Wednesday, June 28, 2006

 

June 29 Philippians 2

Go ahead and look first at Philippians 2 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Philippians 2:5-6

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped

Title: The Christ Hymn


Observation: Jesus took the form of a servant. And he left the infinite space of eternity for the almost inconceivably small space of a human body. It’s a kind of claustrophobia I can’t imagine.

But even among humans Jesus took the role of the servant. And that at the appointed time, allowed himself to be led to the slaughter like a lamb. Jesus trusted God with all that he had, and God raised him up, and gave him the name that is above every other name.

In our own limited way, we need to follow the example of Christ. Take the form of a servant. Be vulnerable enough to allow others to hurt us. And trust that God will validate a life of service.

Application: Its mostly my insecurity that keeps me from serving others when I fail to come alongside others. Sometimes its because I just don’t want to deal with others with need. But mostly I in my insecurity I want to prop myself up so that others know how important I am.

Instead I need to serve with humility and trust that as I honor God he will take pleasure in my doings. That my identity rests with him. And know that he will forget the little things that I can do to help those around me.

Prayer: Lord, help me to be humble, trusting you for my identity. Let me be strengthened in service so that I might yet be more vulnerable. Allow me to come before your presence as one who has followed the instructions of Christ.

In Jesus Name,

Amen


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?