Sunday, June 04, 2006

 

June 5 Acts 27

Go ahead and look first at Acts 27 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Acts 27:12

Since the harbor was unsuitable to winter in, the majority decided that we should sail on, hoping to reach Phoenix and winter there. This was a harbor in Crete, facing both southwest and northwest.

Title: Between A Rock and A Hard Place


Observation: Sometimes, whether it’s our own fault or not, we end up in place we cannot stay. The harbor they were in would not shelter them from the winter storms. So they set out of what Paul told them would be a disastrous journey

As a lifeguard I learned that if a small child who can’t swim well falls into the water, he will try to swim across the pool to the other side. Some of them can’t make it that far. However, if they turned 180 degrees once the fell in they could reach the wall and safety. But in panic the instinct is not to think but to try to reach what we perceive as safety.

We may be in a situation which we ought not to stay in. It could be financial. It could be a relationship. It could be a job. But instead of blindly rushing for what we perceive as the closest form of safety, we need to relax, try to float a bit, and ask God for help. Very often the solution he will offer will be outside your thinking. Sometimes, the difference will be in the long swim ahead you will find supernatural support the God of the Universe. We need not to be confident in our own strength or wisdom, but to be enmeshed in God’s leading and direction.

Application: I need to not rely on my own thinking. And trust God. He may have a better plan for me.

Prayer: Lord God, help me to be willing to allow you to direct my path. I need you to help me to know how to lead others, ways that you want them to go and grow. Help me to trust you for my family’s safety and security. Help me not to panic when the crisis happens, but instead to truly trust you.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?