Monday, June 05, 2006

 

June 6 Acts 28

Go ahead and look first at Acts 28 . See how God speaks to you individually. Then come back, if you wish, and see what God has put in my mind/heart.

Key Verse(s): Acts 28:31

Boldly and without hindrance he preached the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ.

Title: A Fairy Tale Ending


Observation: Most fairy tales end “…and they lived happily ever after.” We don’t get that with Paul here at the end of Acts. In fact, we might have suspected it, with something along the lines of “… and Paul was killed by the Romans and was taken up into heaven.” Paul was clear that that’s what he was looking forward to. Instead, we get this last glimpse of Paul preaching.

But preaching the gospel unhindered was what Paul longed to do as long as he had life and breath. So in a sense, we do find the happy ending. And far more for the people who accepted the truth about Jesus from the preaching of Paul!

Application: Things don’t always work out like I planned. I may envision completion of a project very differently than what God has in mind. I need to be willing to accept the results that God gives. And to continue in my mission to serve others and love them with the love of Christ.

Prayer: Lord God, help me to be willing to allow you to determine what success is, allow you to grow your church. Help me be willing to hang in there with all the twists and turns my son must go through. Allow me to be faithful even when I don’t like the direction I’m being directed toward.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?