Sunday, July 16, 2006

 

Vacation II

Its been a good week. We were at Redwood Glen this week. We used it as our base of operations for forays down to the boardwalk in Santa Cruz, tidepools, elephant seals, Half Moon Bay and on. Amy did a fabulous job leading. Also, at camp were Daniel and Laura counseling and Richard playing with the band. It seemded to go really well, but I cant testify to it. I was sleeping well in a cabin far, far away.

I also learned about molting from Elephant Seals. They spend 4-6 weeks every year lying on the beach. They don't hunt or swim, they just lay on the beach shedding their winter coat getting ready for the next season. I'm thinking of asking for a re-name on my vacation to molting.

Went to Napa FBC today. They were doing one service this Sunday and it was a full sanctuary. It was a good place to worship God. They are now doing "emergent" worship, which is very different. Basically (and this will be a gross oversimplification) they have taken the traditional elements of church worship (like 3rd century, not 1950's) and reinterpretted them. There is a credo they recite, there recited the Lord's prayer, they played pretty oldish hymns (stuff that I didn't know) and rearranged them with electric guitar, drums, etc. Their pastor, Pete, is multi-talented and lead the music, preached, sang a solo and lead the whole worship expereince. His confidence I think put people at ease and allowed us to worship. There were visual elements as well as the spoken word when he preached. As I said, it was a very positive place to worship Jesus.

I suspect this next week will be a great deal slower. You are in my prayers. God is speaking, but I'm not quite sure I understand yet where He is moving. Keep us in prayer

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?