Thursday, January 03, 2008

 

Beginnings (Genesis 1-2, Luke 1)

Scripture: Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. (Luke 1:1-2)

Observation: It’s the beginning of the year- and we are beginning at the beginning- like Julie Andrews taught us- a very good place to start. In both passages we see that God is showing his incredible love for us, creating the universe, breathing life into man, giving him a job, creating woman, sending John the Baptist, and most centrally, preparing the way for Jesus to be born.

Application: God has put us first in His creation and action. This year as I go about living, working, and serving- whether it be my self, my family, my church, community- I need to place God in first place.

Prayer: Thank you God for loving us so much that you gave me life, gave me meaningful work, gave me a family, gave me a savior. Lord help me to place you first and trust you to work out the protection, strengthening, and future of those things with which you have blessed me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?