Sunday, January 13, 2008

 

Conflict (Genesis 31; Genesis 32; Genesis 33; Luke 13)

Scripture: Then the man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome."(Genesis 32:28)

Observation: Jacob had an army chase him when he left, an army waiting for him where he was going, and in the middle had to wrestle an angel! The journey will be filled with conflict if we are to go toward what God calls us to. I greatly admire Jacob wrestling with God and refusing to leave until he is blessed.

Application: I want to wrestle with God until I wrest every bit of blessing that He has for my life, whether it is in circumstances or prayer. I want to not be afraid of the conflict coming or going, but to be intent on going where God has for me.

Prayer: Lord, thank you for being the One who is willing to wrestle with me until I come to the place where I need to be. Help me to be willing to go where you call me. I pray that I would not be like the religious leader who puts restrictions on the people, but rather one like Jesus who sets people free.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?