Monday, January 21, 2008

 

(Exodus 1; Exodus 2; Psalm 88; Luke 21)

Scripture: "Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap. For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the whole earth. Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man." (Luke 21:34-36)

Observation: Death is one of the themes in these verses. A subject we like talking about even less than money. How we live in the shadow of death makes a great deal of difference. We must trust in Jesus both for our life and in our deaths. In trusting in Jesus we have faith that allows us to live unafraid in life.

Application: I need to remember that I have a limited number of days to live. Whether it is my death or Christ's return, the time is short. I will do well to live remembering that Christ will return and sharing that Good News with others.

Prayer: Lord, help me to not be afraid. Strengthen my ability to make hard decisions, give me the ability to trust in you in times when it will be difficult. Lord I thank you for the hope that I have.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?