Friday, January 18, 2008

 

Fairness (Genesis 44; Genesis 45; Genesis 46; Luke 18)

Scripture: Then he sent his brothers away, and as they were leaving he said to them, "Don't quarrel on the way!" Genesis 45:24

Observation: Joseph's attitude was not about fairness. God's plan or not, he had much to be angry at his brothers for. Also, the story of the persistent widow is not fair at all. How to enter the Kingdom of God seems unfair as well. The phrase that comes to mind is that God is generous in ways we don't like and also that God never promised that the world would be fair. Grace is better than fair, but sometimes its hard to give up our "rights".

Application: Often I feel as though I get tasked with things that aren't particularly fair. I need to remember that I was never promised fair. I also need to give not 50% in my family but 100%. I need to not insist on my rights, but be willing to serve.

Prayer: Lord, help me be willing to keep going even when it feels unfair. Help me to rely on your grace and not on my "rights". Let me see you in front of me in each person that I serve.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?