Monday, January 14, 2008

 

Fidelity (Genesis 39; Genesis 40; Genesis 41; Luke 16)

Scripture: ...and after a while his master's wife took notice of Joseph and said, "Come to bed with me!"



But he refused. "With me in charge," he told her, "my master does not concern himself with anything in the house; everything he owns he has entrusted to my care. No one is greater in this house than I am. My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife. How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?" (Genesis 39:7-9)



Observation: Fidelity to God means fidelity to others. Joseph rejected Potipher’s wife and interpreted visions faithfully, even when it could have gotten him into more trouble. The parable of the rich man also underscores this point. The counter example of the shrewd manager still underscores the importance of securing our eternal inheritance that comes from Jesus.



Application: I need to be “steadfast, true, and faithful” in my relationship, in my commitments and in my time with God.



Prayer: Father God, I do not have the strength to do this. Help me Lord, give me the strength to continue in faithfulness even when I am overwhelmed. Thank you for renewing my spirit.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?