Saturday, January 19, 2008

 

(Genesis 47; Genesis 48; Psalm 10; Luke 19)

Scripture:For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost." Luke 19:10

Observation: Salvation comes in unlikely places. The people of egypt experienced temporal salvation by selling themselves, their land, and their possession into slavery- yet because they did that they were saved. Zaccheus experienced salvation by his giving up much of his wealth to follow Jesus. Perhaps we need to have are hands empty to experience salvation that Jesus desires us to have.

Application: I get swept up, like most, in to what's mine is mine. I need to have open hands to give to God's service my possessions, my time, my money. While I do this well at times, I need to be willing to trust God more fully.

Prayer:Lord, help me to place everything I have and am into Your hands. Help me be willing to give up everything to follow you. Help me to trust you with the things most precious; keep them safe and well.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?