Tuesday, January 22, 2008

 

God's Will(Exodus 3; Exodus 4; Exodus 5; Luke 22)

Scripture: 13 But Moses said, "O Lord, please send someone else to do it." (Exodus 4:13)

Observation: Moses, Jesus, and Peter did not want to follow through. Moses was reprimended, Peter denied Christ, but Jesus said, not my will, but yours. Often in life we have to do things that we don't want to do. But the mission of Christ must be more important than our fears or discomfort.

Application: I need to be more relationally and emotionally willing to do God's work when it would be easier just to let things lie. Tomorrow I need to make two phone calls that I don't want to make.

Prayer: Lord, help me to make these phone calls, help me to be willing to uncomfortable to accomplish that which I don't want to do. Give me the courage and the willingness to persever when its easier just to capitulate.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?