Thursday, January 24, 2008

 

Hardened Hearts (Exodus 9; Exodus 10; Exodus 11; Luke 24)

Scripture:When Pharaoh saw that the rain and hail and thunder had stopped, he sinned again: He and his officials hardened their hearts. (Exodus 9:34)

Observation: God was speaking powerfully in both sets of scriptures- one through plagues and the other through resurrection. The common theme was that many in both scripture sets could not or would not see that God was working. Once calm had been restored Pharoah snapped back to his previous position. The disciples on the road to Emmaus could not see Jesus walking with them. The disciples He appeared to could not believe it.

Application: Whether it is the best of times or the worst of times, God is still in our midst. We need to see what God is doing and saying in order to respond correctly to him. I need to see what God is doing in my family, in my church, and in my world.

Prayer: Lord, help me be sensitive to your ways. Help me to see that my choices, even ones that seem fairly insignificant, effect how I am positioned to respond to you. Give me your vision for the day.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?