Saturday, January 12, 2008

 

Love, Jealousy, and Fear (Genesis 29,30 Luke 12)

Scripture: So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her. (Genesis 29:20)

Observation: Love is an incredibly powerful experience. It is in action in itself, but it evokes powerful emotion. The darker side is what we will do to be loved and/or accepted. Jacob loved Rachel so much that in essence he was willing to work fourteen years to marry her. On the other side you see the hurt and pain of Rachel and Leah who were desperate for the love, affection, and importance from Jacob. In a sense, much of the conflict Jesus reminds us in the Luke passage that if we count on the love that God has for us we will be taken care of well.

Application:
I do well when I remember that I am loved and accepted by God. When I get into places of fear or jealousy I can think and do remarkably dumb things. I more than Rachel or Leah have been bought at a great price; Jesus himself paid the price so that I could be His.

Prayer: Dear God, help me to seek your blessing in my life, in my family and in your church. Help me to wait for your blessing. Help me to not compare, but be satisfied with either the blessing of Jacob or Esau.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?