Friday, January 25, 2008

 

The Price (Exodus 12; Exodus 13; Psalm 21; Acts 1)

Scripture:The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt. (Exodus 12:13)

Observation: The blood of the lambs slaughtered for passover was a foreshadowing of Jesus as the Lamb of God whose blood allows his followers to be exempted from the penalty of death that is the price of sin.

Application: In our psalm it says in v.2 that God has given the king the joy of his heart. While there are many things I could want, the thing that I need to want most is what I have already recieved: pardon for sin and eternal life that was granted by Christ's death on the cross. And from that to be Christ's witness in American Canyon, our larger community, and to the world.(Acts 1:8)

Prayer: Lord help me to keep asking you for the things that are worthy, the things that you want for me and for us. Give me peace in the midst of times that are difficult. Help me to wait on you for deliverance once again. May You be glorified in all that I do with my family today.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?