Saturday, January 05, 2008

 

Trust

Scripture: Then Melchizedek king of Salembrought out bread and wine. He was priest of God Most High, and he blessed Abram, saying, "Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth. (Genesis 14:18)

Observation: Blessing always begins with God. God moves and is active in the world, and we need to be cognizant of Him and His ways. All the stories of Jesus’ healing in Luke require the person to respond to God’s gracious offer of blessing. But they had the choice to receive it or not.

Application: Would I be willing to face ridicule for trusting God to do the miraculous or would I rather wait for God to the just above ordinary? Would I be content as a paraplegic to just trust God for enough food and not really trust Him for complete healing? I need to willing to trust God to do miracles big and small, and also trust Him to answer no, as He decides. I guess I just need to be willing to step out and follow God in whatever road He chooses to point me in.
.
Prayer: Lord, help me to trust you with the big things and the little things and in the time when it doesn’t seem that you are working. Thank you for bringing me this far; please don’t let me miss your blessing because I am unwilling to totally trust in you. Thank you Jesus.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?