Sunday, January 06, 2008

 

Where We Come From (Genesis 15-17, Luke 6)

Scripture: He also said to him, "I am the LORD, who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans to give you this land to take possession of it." (Genesis 15:7)

Observation: Abraham was doubting God’s promise and providence and began complaining. God reminds him of where he began, and how much God has done for him. By looking at what God has done, and more important being made new by the Spirit, we can then live the life that Jesus explains in the sermon on the plain. If we had had to fend for ourselves this new way of life might be impossible, but we, like Abraham, are looking forward to a destiny and an eternity that is more important than our current wants.

Application: I need to remember from where God called me, from where God has called my church, and yet to keep looking forward to the promises that God has. It helps to remember how God has rescued me to believe that God is going to do even greater things in the future.


Prayer: Lord, when I get frustrated or overwhelmed, help me to see all that you have already done for me and all that you are going to do. Help me to believe that you are in the process of transforming me to become who you created me to be.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?