Thursday, January 17, 2008

 

With Open Hands (Genesis 42; Genesis 43; Psalm 5; Luke 17)

Scripture: Jesus asked, "Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?" Then he said to him, "Rise and go; your faith has made you well." -Luke 17:17-19

Observation: Several people found themselves in need in these passages. David needed God to hear his prayer. The brothers needed grain from Egypt. The ten lepers needed to be healed. It is hard to ask others and hard to recieve from others. But our response is very telling about our hearts. Nine lepers did not return, one foreigner did. Perhaps what we do after we have been helped expresses how pure our motivation is.

Application: I need to allow people to help me. I need to be not just take for granted those who have helped. I need to show gratitude toward those who have helped me.

Prayer: Lord help me to recieve with open hands. Help me to express gratitude toward those who have blessed my life. Help me to live a life of gratitude, particularly to You.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?